The Australian Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus Association (ASBHA) is the peak body representing the interests of people with spina bifida, their families and carers with the goal of improving lives and communities. There are approximately 3,000 people with spina bifida in Australia, and of course many more directly involved with them.
ASBHA does many things to achieve its goal, including:
- Advocating for better services for its members with a strong national voice.
- Assisting with prevention.
- Promoting the achievements of persons with spina bifida.
- Community education activities of which this website and Spina Bifida Awareness Week are large parts.
- Linking with SBAs all over the world, particularly through the International Federation for Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus
- Providing a strong national voice for the state associations
- ASBHA is a not for profit organization with a Board made up of volunteers and paid staff from SBAs from all over Australia.
We hope to inform and assist you through this website. We welcome you comments and questions.
State bodies in Queensland, Northern Territory, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia.